1438 AH (2017 AD)
RAMADAN & SHAWWAL 1438 (2017)
“O you who believe, fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to
those before you, that you may (learn) self-restraint.” Qur’an 2: 183
Dear Respected Brothers and Sister,
Assalam O Alaikum!
Based on the decision made by The Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) and Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) we are pleased to confirm the following Calendar for Ramadan and Eid Al-Fitr at MAGR;
First day of Ramadan will be Saturday, May 27, 2017, Insha‘Allah.
- Khatm-e-Quraan will be on Friday, June, 23, 2017.
- Zakat Al Fitr will be $10 per person in your household.
- Kindly use the brown envelops placed on top of the safe box so we can identify and keep the funds separate.
- You are kindly requested to pay the Zakat Al Fitr as soon as the Ramadan starts so we can disburse the funds to the needy in a timely manner.
Eid Al-Fitr will be on Sunday, June 25, 2017, Insha’Allah.
- Eid Prayers will be held at 9:00 AM Sharp at the MAGR’s Muslim Community Center.
- Please give yourself ample time to find parking.
- Please DO NOT park your vehicle in any of the neighboring churches.
- After the Salah, please join the outdoor community celebration and bring a dish to share.
- Eid Dinner will be at MAGR on Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 7:00 PM sharp.
We will be sending out more details as and when it is required and available. We would like to wish Happy Ramadan and Eid to all of you, Insha Allah!
MAGR Board of Trustees